Advice on amp and head unit

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pax

Well, my first post is asking advice.

Many years back I had decent high end hif with Infinity RS4's, HK amp and Thorens TD147, but then some components were stolen and I reverted to good, but cheaper hifi, being a mid range Rotel amp and cdp with Boston Bookshelf speakers. Those have been sold on when I decided to go the 5.1 route, which had been upgraded to a point where I use a Sony bd player with a HarmanKardon AVR161s (current) and I recently replaced my floorstanding Bostons (later acquired) with B & W CM9's which came across my path (second hand).

I think my dilemma is obvious. I now need a better amp and head unit. I always longed for a Valve amp, but they are too many RRRR's new. I ended up seeing a Valve Audio Exclame on this forum but it was sold already, so I joined to see more possibilities, but I need advice as to the proper amp and head units to match my speakers now. I'm looking for a stereo amp, and I do not want to overkill or over invest as my age is getting on and no longer have the hearing abilities of the youth.

Advice will be welcome!