Advice or opinions needed

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
Hi there, joined a while ago but been lurking just to see how things operate here.

I am finally in a position to buy a decent amp for stereo listening and need some advice and/or opinions.
Background on equipment I own or have previously owned includes:
Rotel RA930 Integrated amp with Phillips CD player(not sure of the model) with AVID speakers. Amp and CD stolen.
Rotel RB960BX/Rc960BX pre/power amp with Rotel RCD965 CD player with AVID speakers initially and then Sonor Audio VK1's. AVID speakers trashed, amps and CD stolen.
NAD T761 AVR and NAD DVD player (terrible for CD listening). Still using AVR as amp but have added Rotel RCD1070 CD player and replaced Sonor Audio VK1's with Paradigm Studio 40 stand mounters.
NAD 3020B integrated amp and NAD 552 CD player. In the attic gathering dust.
Tannoy MX2/MX3/MXC HT speakers. In the attic gathering dust.

I do not use the AVR for movies, purely for stereo, and now would like to replace it with a decent stereo amp or seperates (although the plan is to keep it simple). Something that will match the Paradigm Studio 40's. I only listen to CD's, don't have any vinyl. Taste in music is jazz, classical, lounge, some rock, and Latin American type music.

Some amps I am thinking of are NAIM NAIT i5, Rega Mira 3, or Valve Audio Exclame.

Any advice and/or opinions will be greatly appreciated.