Amplification for B&W 803 D2

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I know a similar thread is running on 802 currently and I got good info there. However, the speakers should be quite different. My current setup is an old Yamaha pre-amp and Rotel 2 x 130w power amp. This is my baseline / sarti g point and I need to build from there. I have a second identical Rotel power amp that I will connect in a vertical bi-amping setup. This is will give a good indication of improvment and next step. Will this be enough or do I need more power and / or quality? I concidered the Rotel RB 1590 (2 x 350) power amp, Valve Audio Black widdow or Perreaux 350 (which is not availble any more at a good price). I know these mentioned options will be beter than  the Rotel - the question how much better (and at what price). What other options would be a good choise for this setup. I know this is always subjective (and a lot of influencing factors not mentioned). However, others? opinions / experiences on this matter will be valuable and the reason for the thread. Budget, yes thats always a key factor, for now R30000 - R40000.