Atmos - Crocos tv room problems

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crocos

Reaction score
Hey peoples.

I'm busy trying to figure out of i would get benefit from Atmos in my tv room before i go through with my purchase. I dont want to spend that money and then have an just ok Atmos layout.
I seem to be hitting to max / min tolerances for Atmos recommendations on placement.

My issue is if place the rear Atmos at 45 degrees vertically, then i leave a 90degree gap between front Atmos and rear. The fronts are placed at 45 degrees.
If i move up the rears to a 65 degree angle, I can close that 90 degree gap to around 75degrees. But then my Rear Atmos is sitting at 120 degrees from listener which is 5 degrees outside of the Atmos tolerance's. Ideal being 135.

So my question is, would it be worth going ahead with the purchase. From what i gather once your outside these tolerances your panning starts taking a knock and you dont get accurate sound placement anymore. I dont have many options, the TV room is rather on the small side, and i have these massive openings on both sides of the fireplace that flows into other rooms.

Would like to get some input from the more experienced. I honestly thought i would have the system by now, but its haunting me, what if i cant get a decent layout in this room.

hmm.jpg