Black Friday ---- The feeling of NEW toys!!!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince MacMahon

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone else looking forward to Black Friday? never bothered with it for 2 years. now seems to be the time

Of late, I have been enjoying buying new items..... I have realized over the past few years that most dealers provide upfront discounts,
which in some instances are negligible to what 2nd hand items go for. Now and then, you get lucky and get gear that is as good as new, which is a WIN,
but that's like waiting and waiting and waiting for one day when something you want will come up in the condition you want. You have to be agile, if not, gone in seconds....Phew!!!!

I must say though - its actually nice to unwrap something new. Plus you get all the packaging materials.

In my current wish list:
1. 75 - 86 inch TV (leaning towards LG for now)

Thought of a 4k projector but don't need more wires running around the house; as it is our over 40 years old house in-ceiling's cabling is pandora's box...its a mess (bought the house 2,5 years ago and obviously during buying process, I didn't bother to going into ceiling)  --- too many wires (networking cables, complex DSTV connections for 6 TVs including old wires that were never removed, complex alarm system that runs through the 700sqm house and grannies flat, countless LED lights, surround sound speaker cables including old cables from previous owner setup that were never removed, etc)

Am I the only one in this camp? with a love for NEW items (and of course black Friday deals)