Browser alternatives (almost)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atom8

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Having alternated between Chrome and Firefox over the last few years, Chrome occasionally has times when it forces my CPU usage to 100% by using around 70% itself, I looked at some options.
A few months ago I tried Opera, which installed but didn't run on Win8.1-64.  Maxthon is still around but it seems a bit of an exploder based has-been .

Comodo Dragon (Chrome based) and Comodo Ice (Firefox based) are both good from the point of view that they run all the extensions (well, the ones I want and use) of their native browsers.  It might just be my imagination, but Comodo Ice is snappier than native Chrome and native Firefox, and doesn't run up the CPU usage to ridiculous levels.  I miss the application shortcuts of Chrome, but the more responsive UI means more to me at this stage.  Comodo Ice is a bit sluggish with Java, but I can live with that.  When installing you have the option to use the Comodo DNS servers as a privacy feature.

Is there an equivalent to Chrome's Stylebot extension for Firefox ?
It enables CSS edits which are remembered per url.  As an example, I use this to permanently remove the gmail header from email print pages.