Chernobyl: The Lost Tapes

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1200GXman

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all
I recently discovered this documentary which fascinated me extremely. I provided it to some work colleagues to also watch and the other day we thought of something. Maybe there is someone here who can explain. I did some research on the internet but could not find any useful information.

On the roof they needed to clear the rubble by pushing it into the hole created by the reactor explosion with a robot. The radiation level was so high the robot's electronics malfunctioned. There is a scene where the cameraman goes with the team to film what is being done when they decided to use human labor for this process. The film looks perfect.

Now earlier in the movie it is shown people walking in the park couple of days after the explosion as they were told to continue with their daily routine. This camera film has white flashes and it is said was caused but radiation damage to it.

Now the question, how did the roof top film get no damage yet it is meters from highly radiation contaminated rubbish.