Cyrus amplifiers?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slyr

Reaction score
okay so recently my older brother got given a cyrus dac master that he handed to me which i used with my marantz cd 5003 and too my ears the music sounded more detailed and more relaxed in a way. i was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the cyrus amps cause if a who knows how old dac beats my new cd player then im thinking the other modern cyrus stuff should be incredible.

my problem however is that my speakers are large and are in a pretty large room and i was wondering if the cyrus amps (which are rated at between 50w and 80w from what i have briefly seen) could handle the load or will they struggle to control the speakers. although out and out volume is not my thing i do like larger amps as they tend to give a better grip to the music in my ears.

so i guess after that long ramble what im asking is if these cyrus amps are any good and if they able to control larger speakers or would i better off going for rotel or marantz? oh and who sells these amps and why are there so few products from cyrus that come on the second hand market?

any suggestions and advice greatly appreciated
slyr