Denon Heos and how to add more

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mod

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I enjoy music and for me one of the great things is being able to have the same music played through a venue. So thats what I wanted to do at my place, thats not difficult my AVR has 2 extra zones so easy to set up but my home has pressed ceilings and I do not want to drill so wired is not an option. then Heos and sonos and a few others came out and I was excited... after listening I prefered the sound of the Heos and began collecting speakers to bring music to my home, I bought 2x Heos 5 HS1 and 1x Heos 7 HS1 and in the HT room I have a Denon AVR with heos so that took care of the house to an extent. funds have been tight for sometimes but things have got a little better of late and I am now looking at ways to finish what I started the areas I still need to get sound to include guest suit and entertainment and pool area.

I have some idea on how to do this BUT maybe I am not thinking clearly in regards to the system. In the guest room I have got a basic 5.1 system with Onkyo AVR on the balcony I want to set up a Projector for sports as well so my thought an plan was as follows, purchase a Denon 2500 / 2400 AVR with heos and set this up in the guest room which will take care of the 5.1 system and bring music around the house no issue, then for the entertainment area my plan and thoughts were to move and set up the old Onkyo AVR on the balcony connected to a set of dodgy speakers I dont mind cranked (Brandy volume at the braai) and connect to the Projector or sound and video but to add the entertainment area to the Music I would need to purchase a Heos Link which would then bring this part of the system into the overall home music experience.

Am I understanding how the link works and do you think this above idea is viable or perhaps can someone give me another option for this set up.

then on a technical note in regards to the link can I set a link up on my Vintage Hifi with turntable and have all Heos speakers in the rest of the home play what ever is being heard on the hifi and turntable?