Denon pma-1510 or Rotel ra-1570 for Monitor Audio Silver 10s

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayno

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and pretty much brand new to audio as a hobby so please forgive any silly questions.

Well the bug has bitten and what started out less than 3 months ago as a search for a basic avr to drive my old B&W 602 s3s has progressed.

I ended up purchasing a new Yamaha rx-v681and found some second-hand b&w 303s online for surrounds.

I then finished the basic 5.1 setup by purchasing a new Sunfire SDS-10 subwoofer.

Unfortunately I then got a taste for Monitor Audio - bought and sold a pair of rx-6s and now have a pair of silver 10s.

My Yamaha rx-v681 seems to drive the 10s fairly well at the volumes I listen to but not sure if I'm doing them any justice???

So thinking of creating two systems - the original  5.1 B&W setup and a 2 channel music setup using an integrated amp and the silver 10s.

I am more interested in the best musical experience l can create so home theatre quality is secondary and I feel the B&W setup with the yamaha avr is adequate for tv/movie viewing.

I have the opportunity to purchase either the Denon or the Rotel for 2 channel listening.

Both are 2nd hand from a reputable dealer with more than a year remaining on both unit's warranties.

I don't listen at high volumes and chosen room size is unlikely to exceed 5 metres by 6 metres but could be smaller.

Which amp would be a better suited to the 10s?

Is the power available from the Denon sufficient and/or is the Rotel an overkill?

Finally,  which amp would potentially sound better for music when paired with the 10s?

Any advice would be much appreciated.