Disappointed by new Denon AVRs

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revtoluck

AVForums Member
Reaction score
So, Denon released a range of new AVRs (X2700H to X6700H). What disappointed me is that the AVC-X4700H has no built-in FM tuner. This is amazing because Denon does not provide separate FM /Dab+ tuners that one can buy to match with these new range of AVCs. I was patiently waiting to upgrade to the X700 range but I am now stuck and even though I don't like Yamaha I will have to move to Yamaha because more than I listen to Radio close to 70 percent of my time when at home during the week. I play mostly music and movies on weekends. Even Marantz don't provide separates FM /Dab+ tuners.
The only good thing I think is the pre-amp mode that allows one to switch off the AVRs power amps if one is going to connect an external power amp.

I am disappointed by Denon and Marantz for not selling separate FM/Dab+ tuners. It will be said if I have to adjust to Yamaha AVRs because they come with FM/ Dab+ tuners integrated in the AVR.