help with CD player NAD C545BEE

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonsound

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
My otherwise flawless CD player has one annoying bug that is getting worse:

When you load a CD (or upon switch-on) the laser travels back to the beginning of the CD.

At the beginning of travel is a "microswitch" that tells the machine it is at the beginning of travel, and then it will check for a disc being present, and then start reading the TOC etc.

That "microswitch"  (one of those tiny open pair of "copper blades" that touch each other when it is activated), does not function well.
It does not switch on when activated, and then the CD player's "travel to beginning" times out and it displays a "disc error".

This used to happen once a year and I have "Switch Cleaned" the hell out of that switch. Now the time before it starts bugging again is getting worse.
Last time I removed the loading mechanism and turned it upside down so the switch cleaner can really soak (there is a plastic cap over the contact blades).

I guess best would be to replace the switch, but I am not up for such fine soldering, and you would need to get the correct replacement first.

Any help / suggestions ?

Thanks
Leon

Latest posts