How to ditch DSTV but still watch the rugby?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonteldoos

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. There is very little about this online, and even ChatGPT is not providing accurate answers.

Our DSTV decoders keep failing, and I'm really sick and tired of their terrible user interface. Just about the only, only thing we watch on DSTV is a bit of sport. We're not even sports fanatics, so we're talking Springbok rugby and a tiny bit of Formula 1.

I would like to know what the legal and current ways are to watch sports in South Africa without requiring a DSTV subscription? Not looking for complicated VPN hacks, and if the answer is "it's not possible", then that's that. But I'm going to assume that I'm not the only who has reached this point of my journey with them.

Based on anwers online and from ChatGPT, I have looked at the Supersport app, but live streaming does not appear to be an option if you're not a DSTV subscriber. I investigated "Showmax Pro", but this doesn't seem to exit anymore, all they offer is an optional extra for premier leage soccer. Rugbypass lists multiple international rugby games, but not Springbok rugby (presumably due to licensing issues).

Anyone managed to solve this problem?

Latest posts