Office collection so far

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itscraig

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
i am waiting for a few more amps and sets of cans but here is what has arrive already.
i have a headphone amp coming from our own JR-Tube audio, very excited about that.
a littledot amp
a set of phillips fifelio x2
and hifi man 560

image_zpsq5aewo7t.jpeg

image_zps9zgghxqr.jpeg

image_zpsnx0gim8e.jpeg

my take on what is here so far.
i tried them aon various platforms, iPhone, iPod PC CD and amps.
Audeze LCD2: very nice and plenty of base, nice levels of detail. very musical and not as clinical as i thought it would be. i then got a surprise when i just tried it through the audio engine dac, it loved the dac. it sounds good on the amps too but better on the solidstate dac?
Sony MDR-Z7: this is a base heavy headset. very good listening and very comfortable to wear. good detail but not as lively as the audeze. i would say that this is a good daily driver.
Beyers Dynamic T1: the detail levels on this set are insane, only problem is that it wants a lot of power to drive it. it is bass light but if you want bass pump up the volume and it delivers. it can be driven from a phone and has crazy good sound but not much volume.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x: these are my travel set as they fold up, which can be an annoyance. for the money compared to the rest i almost want to say that these are by far a better buy. the old level of diminishing returns starts to apply. great detail good base and great price.