polk and MA

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Having some time on fri, i decided to pop into menlyn mall and check out some audio kit

Sounds great had a pair of polk tsi 300's - i just wanted so see exactly what they looked like - i would love a pair of these, and yes they will fit where i want them, problem is they too low, need them up a bit 15-20cm at least - can you place these on small stands even though there is a middle port hole???  Now you all are probably saying "why", well because our couches arms are so big if they not lifted they will be firing straight into the arms...my 302's are my ear height while standing up!!!  I said i could get them for R4500 off audico online, he could give them to me for R4300 - tempting...need to see what bonus i get this dec...

I also wanted to have a look at  Monitor Audio's BX2, which they didnt have only the bx-1 - very small, the salesman wasn't really keen on advising me when they have stock, the managers laughing in the corner..."""oh so sales are that good are they?""" he did say why not look at a pair of b&w 685's - at R5000 - i can get a pair of floorstanding polks for that money...and still have change...

I remember my dad walking into merc and he asked if they had a particular model of car he was looking at, "NO" said the salesman and sat back down again...clearly sales were very good for that dealership...

it boggles the mind...