Post-office thieves

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorneDJ

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
OK, so I got a little slip in my post box last week (dated 5/5/2015) for a parcel, so this morning I go and wait till they open, only to be told that the parcel was send back as they only keep parcels for 30 days. No matter that I only got the slip last week ... And nor the guy behind the counter or his supervisor can tell me where it went, or furnish proof where it was send.

Now, cannot think that the bankrupt PO will pay postage (then they have to pay their own international rates) to send an item back, so it likely ends up in a warehouse where the workers get themselves some great presents. Normally I laugh this off but this is just the straw that broke the camel's back. In the last 2 years I can remember losing the following packages:
- A dog collar ($32 + postage) - shocks the dog it it goes over a certain point (not for our dogs, it was for a prank I planned)
- 2x battery chargers, charges 16 batteries at a time (AA and AAA), about $200
- Replacement ACER laptop battery, about $30
- A quest QC-10 calibrator, about $350
- Transformer bluray box-set. Ordered October 2014 (pre-eleases of #4) - About $34 I think
- Replacement of my Transformer bluray box-set. I complained to Amazon.co.uk in February about the missing first box and they replaced it. The replacement also never made it, they resending me one again after I complained last week. This time with tracking.

So that package could be any-one of those, which I do not know.

Speaking to the people in the office most people can recall losing packages send via the PO, but do not follow up on it as they do not know what to do. So, anyone know where I can start, or what to do, or who to contact. This is really unacceptable and cannot be allowed or tolerated.

Morne