Problem with 8bitdo controller adapter

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simpletonion

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe the longest of long shots, but here we are…

We’ve been gaming with a PC connected to the TV; and two dualshock controllers connected to Steam via a Tp-link Bluetooth adapter.

All was well.

Then the Nintendo Switch entered the scene. Those dainty joy-cons, being rather fiddly, were ripe candidates for substitution with the DualShocks. Except, my best ‘internet research’ efforts indicated that such substitution required-or, was best managed with-an 8bitdo Bluetooth adapter. Ok, 8bitdo pilled and wallet pillaged, I got it setup and now the little one can comfortably navigate Toadette around the Mario universe.

*heaves an exasperated breath* But, now, the DualShock controller is no longer ‘visible’ to the Tp-link adapter on the PC.

So, has anyone on here encountered this particular problem and successfully resolved it? Specifically, I want the same PS5 controller to work with the Switch when it is in use, and with Steam on the PC when it is in use (the two will never be used simultaneously).