Samsung soundbars

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

partydave

Reaction score
Hi there. New member here. Glad to be part of what looks like a great community.

I am looking at upgrading the sound from my TV to get fuller experience when watching movies. Unfortunately, my living room does not allow for a full surround setup and neither does my budget. I have my KEF Q13s and AKG K250s for music listening purposes anyway, so I have decided on going the sound bar route. While it may not be surround sound per-say, it does a good enough job for my needs from what I've heard.

I've narrowed my search down to 2 models from Samsung, the HW-J550, which is a 2.1 channel version and their more premium HW-J6000, which is a 6.1 channel curved version.

Now this is where my confusion comes in. Is it worth spending the extra 1.4k on the curved version that "apparently" does 6.1 over the 2.1 channels of the 550? Does this produce a fuller sound? Is it all marketing? I don't have a curved TV, so I'm not fussed about the other features. I just want the best sound I can get from a sound bar, 2.1 or 6.1.

Thank you in advance guys