soooo... i took the plunge and got myself a......

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkstar101

Reaction score
.....turntable. no i haven't crossed over to the dark side. I'd like to think of it as the occasional visit. after continuously reading about the audio nirvana that a lot of vinyl related threads referred to i decided to take the plunge myself.

this was set off by Cheryl's step dad who has a Philips all in one jobbie. not having listened to vinyl in almost 30 years i was impressed by the sound of his hifi. granted we didn't listen loudly as he is 95 but there was a bit of nostalgia that led to me getting my own.

i got myself a pioneer pl 720 which was  for sale at a stationery shop. whilst i haven't ever setup a turntable before google has proven to be a worthy lecturer. the reason for this post is two fold:

1 is to gain more knowledge from others who have owned this t/t. is it a decent t/t. was it recommended in its heyday and

2nd is to ask about certain aspects of the t/t. it has hard plastic feet that look original but i seem to think that a soft rubber pad might be missing from the foot-piece. i cant recall seeing any other turntable without a soft foot lining. if there is no soft rubber for these feet then I'd welcome recommendations for a suitable product and where it can be gotten from. i am also looking for a lid with hinges.

Mods if this needs to be moved to vinyl or wanteds could you please leave it up in general for a day or two as there doesn't seem to be much foot traffic in vinyl.

thanx.