Speaker recommendations for AV setup

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisd

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
The setup I have is a Pioneer VSX923 with front speakers Mission 782 bought years ago.In the last two years added Boston VRC centre speaker.There is no subwoofer or side speakers.
We watch mainly DSTV and Netflicks ,also music from Spotify and DSTV as background .
I was recently recommended to add side speakers and a subwoofer but reading another recent post about subwoofers it seems I have to spend a lot for me to get a decent one, even second hand.
I'm not unhappy with my setup but I think the front speakers are old and perhaps there is something better suited to what we watch and listen to especially for dialogue.The centre speaker made and amazing difference to vocals.Just now was listening on Spotify to Jennifer Rush,but also listen to many others,Dire Straits,Queen and also opera and classical.The Mission speakers seem well suited to rock and guitar as well as the classical.
Any suggestions to improve our listening and watching experience.The TV room is 5x5 and we sit about 3.5 m from from speakers to our ears.