THANK YOU Rodney Gold and the Cape Town boy's

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markc

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Had to come to Cape Town for the Mining Indaba and our company accommodation in Camps Bay got an extra visitor. Being the only South African I volunteered to "make a plan".

Only one problem, no accommodation available in Cape Town this time of year!! What do you do when you are in trouble? Go to your mates! Posted on the forum that I needed help and quickly had a response from Rodney Gold. Managed to get a room for two nights at a guest house next door to Rodney's place and an invite to spend a night at his house.

Not only that but a quick get together of the boys was arranged.

What a great evening! First time meeting some of the guys, have had dealings with them and read their posts. Amazing how we have a perception of someone from their posts. Case in point, Colonel66, I had a perception that he was going to be an older guy with white hair, perhaps a bit "stuffy"!

Totally the opposite! A young, strong, articulate guy with a deep understanding of economics and political relationship connectivity!

Andre, who is actually one of the most helpful guys on the forum always amazes me with his encyclopedic knowledge of obscure valves and there sound presentation was, as always his entertaining self. Dean, who shares a lot of my taste in sound stage was great to spend time with.

It was a great evening, thank you to everyone who came over, it made me feel at home.

Actually, that was what it felt like staying at Rodney's place. It was great chatting to Rodney and his wife. If you want anything, help yourself. Rodney's daughter treated me as if I had been there before and was returning for a visit, showed me the tricks of the bathroom and gave up some of her space.

First time I met Crankshaft in person, it was great meeting you and having a chat!

Anyway, I cannot thank you all enough! I had a great time and enjoyed your company! Rodney and his family have a great home and I really appreciated the opportunity to share it for a while. This is why we have a great forum!