Timeless Pop Songs

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvr

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are some songs that never tend to lose their attraction, that just slip into one's comfort zone each time they play. In my case one of them is "Make You Feel My Love". It's not the only, or the best, or whatever, but I have a rather embarrassing confession to make about it. I have two versions of it, the original Billy Joel, and the Adele one (from 19), on two separate playlists. Yet, somehow I have never put them together. So each time I heard it, I would think ah I just love that song (together with thinking about either Billy Joel's songwriting skills, or agreeing yet again that it must be Adele's finest). A while back it hit me..oh..and one google search further..ah..written by none other than Bob Dylan.. It just goes to show.

Anyhow, so that was just an introduction to a thread about those kind of pop songs that we never get tired of. There are many, many more, such as (and I am giving away my age here):

Billy Joel - Innocent Man
David & David - Boomtown
Night Ranger - Sister Christian
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies (and many more)
Springsteen - My Hometown (and many more)
Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (and many more)
Tori Amos - China
Commodores - Nightshift
Sting - Fragile (and many more)
Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
Jewel - Foolish Games
Roxy Music - Avalon
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
Martika - Love Thy Will Be Done
Crowded House - Into Temptation
Evanescence - My Immortal
Missy Higgens - The Way You Are Tonight
Beth Hart - Tell Her You Belong To Me
Coldplay - Fix You

Just to name a few. Haven't even mentioned Norah Jones, George Michael, Tom Petty, Paul Simon, Bonnie Raitt, Queen, U2..they all have at least one song that fits into that list.