Topic re-alignment - Vuvuzela from hell...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipwelder

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
In order to avoid topic jacking... if a little late... I am continuing here...

"Problem is you need the surface area too and depending on the compromizes I'd probably not start with a vuvuzela. A Traffic cone is better suited to the task. P.Audio do a nice suitable 2" that will set you back a little less than a grand. I would place a couple of obstructions in the throat as to diffract and give you the added psychoacoustical perceived loudness (aka JBL 2" sound) whichw ill drive the people mad.

I have a design on paper for a 4x 1.5" that does that sorta output at 100m depending on air conditions." - Quote Timber_MG from Hi-fi vs. Pro-amps...

Was hoping to fight fire with fire... but a larger fire won't upset me too much...
Would one stiffen up the walls of the traffic cone to avoid losses to a semi-compliant horn? and would one maintain the straight profile too? the only things I don't want to compromise on is SPL, Narrow focus (don't want to go deaf myself), Bandwidth must encompass the easily nauseating/irritating frequency range - dunno which that is... Could one perhaps use several piezo's in a hemispherical arrangement - i.e. all pointing towards the narow part from the same distance to make the compression enclosure... 2 inch would be better, but it would be a tad expensive for something so far removed from anything but revenge. Provided one stays above 4kHz would this suffice?

drive them mad...? They are running up and down at seven in the morning blowing on vuvzela's... more madness is surely not necessary... I'm more thinking sonic stungun...