Tunes for driving

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atjan

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I love listening to music when I'm driving. I found that my mood is probably most profoundly affected by music when I'm driving.

My requirement for driving music is:
- It needs to be sufficiently compressed for me to make out most of what's going on above the ambient noise in the car. I don't drive a luxury vehicle (not low NVH), which makes this crucial.
- Must not be too angry. Taxis and stupid people are doing enough to get me into road rage already....
- Must not be boring.  :sh1tstirrer: No soft jazz or Sting. I'm chronically sleep deprived and don't need much to go into slumper.

Based on the above I end up listening to rock and country rock type stuff for much of the time. I also like a bit of Boccelli. Other favourites include more electronic stuff like One Republic or Gotye (time for a new album!). Basically, if I can sing along, I'm in!

I also like making 'mix tape' type things for the road which I like to name. One of my fav's start with Willy Nelson's "On the road again"  and another with Stef Bos's "Tussen De Liefde En De Leegte" which contains the lyrics: "Ek blyf altijd onder weg" (Loose translation - I remain on the road/travelling).

What are other people listing to? Why? (If you know) Or maybe just post a lekker playlist.  :groovy: