Upgrade, downgrade or stay the same?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrab

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been a member for a while now but not active in a few years so i guess a 'hello' is in order before anything else :p

I have the following setup in a 4m x 4m  (open plan) lounge all in gloss black, short of the sub-woofer which is white...but i feel like a change:

2x B&W CM8 (front)
1x B&W CM Center (center)
2x B&W CM1 (rear)
1x PV1D
All running on a Pioneer SC-LX57

What I'd like to know, based on the above (including room size), is would it be a worthwhile change to go to the following:

2x B&W 684 S2 or 683 S2 (in white)
1x B&W HTM61 S2 (in white)
2x B&W M-1 (in white)
Keep my existing 1x PV1D

I already have a pair of M-1's sitting around doing nothing as well as a pair of 683 S2's being used as a stereo pair (albeit down in the Easter Cape) which i love...but the only problem is they're black.

So what I'm considering now is to potentially change (most notably from gloss black to white) the existing speakers in my main lounge.

I feel that based on the size of the room that it really should impact too much on the 'quality' of sound, but perhaps I'm wrong?

Do you think the change from the CM's to those mentioned above is worth it or would i be compromising on sound quality in any way?

Also, all 5 of the tweeter diaphrams on the CM's are dented (almost a year ago now) and ive not bothered replacing them considering the asking price to do so. Would it be better to sell them as is or replace and then sell?

Thanks in advance :)

Latest posts