USELESS RIP OFF ARTISTS? - PROBLEM SOLVED!!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj otten

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Right, well i have just got back from speaking to audiosure who have finally got the wharfedale opus 2-3 speakers i ordered (after waiting almost a year of constant bullshit and excuses). i paid the full price last year august which was R16 300. today i get told that the price is incorrect and was for one speaker, not a pair. they say the retail price is R44 000!!!!!!!!! BUT they willing to give afew percent discount(how f*&king kind).

now apparently the **** up was either from the guy who i went through (i seriously doubt that, as i tried two dealers who had the same retail prices infront of them) or it was because of audiosure more senior boss who forgot to say per speaker!!!?

since when do dealers in SA quote you a price on a single speaker, it was agreed to be a pair, plus the opus series are made as a matched pair in anycase. im so utterly gat vol with this unpleasant deal. so my options are either pony up the extra amount they want (an ice cube has a better chance in hell) or tell them to stick the speakers i have waited for up their you know what.

what ticks me off is the fact they think im retarded and dont know how much these speakers should cost, i own a pair of 2-1's that i paid R9000 for from hi fi, the 2-2's were 11 grand or so, so how the hell are these supposed to be 4 times the price?!!!! a quick check online confirms the fact that these guys are trying to rip me off, the opus line looks to be replaced soon by the jade series and everyone is selling these for half price. the 2-3's should only be about 4 or 5 grand more than the 2-2's ie R16 000.

what should i do? push them for answers or just cut my losses. im keen to see what you guys think