Vinyl Flooring

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1200GXman

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all
As usual I must ask for advice on this forum as I have seen in the past that very good advice is given.

Some might know that the wife and I are to renovate/redo the kitchen. Our biggest obstacle at this stage now is the flooring. We must decide between the following:
1. Tiles.
2. Laminated Flooring.
3. Vinyl Flooring.

Tiles. We currently have 30+ year old novilon that is glued to the cement floor. Actually 2 layers by previous owner. So we have no idea what is lurking below it. If there are cracks, then tiles will be a no go. My wife is also concerned about the accidental dropping of plates and kitchen utensils that might chip or crack the tiles. We still have small children.
Laminated Flooring. Not waterproof. can easily be replaced if needed. cheap option.
Vinyl Flooring. This is currently our first option. But they are so expensive. I visited my architect friend over the weekend who has Polyflor in his kitchen. It has been abused so far in the last 6 years but it looks good with the patina of the few marks it has. He gave me a sample that was lying outside for 6 years in all weather conditions. Sun, rain you name it. We could not see any damage or discoloration of the samples.

Any advice from you guys that have do renovations in the past please would be much appreciated.

Latest posts