Wharfedale Achromatic Speaker package owners opinions

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ger

Reaction score
Just hooked my Supro set up Monday evening and it sounded great out the box with min tweaking. Straight out the box the speakers sounds good - even got nice front stage with only the T8 towers when listening to music. Voices sound natural and system integration between sub and the other speakers are good - albeit my sub was just dumped in the corner close to my av cabinet. I will experiment with placement later. 

Value for money on the Ausiosure sale price - yes
Build quality is excellent and the speakers look smart with high gloss finnish.
You even get proper speaker binding posts on all the speakers - they take banana plugs.
Subwoofer is a huge affair - 600mm wide - 12' 100 w and plays low enough to rattle my couches.
Only gripe - wall mout bracket on my centre speakers are not 100% aligned - other than this I can't fault the speakers as they address all my current needs - small(ish) stylish - good sound in ht and music - price R3600 vs R9000 for the HK set I was looking at.

Once the speakers have loosened and settled down I will give some more feedback on the sound of the system.

I would like to hear the opinions of other owners of these speakers.