Wolla's new AV unit build - which is long overdue

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolla

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I would like to post something I'm busy with.

Replacing my current setup and when I say setup, I mean the actual AV unit, not the AV components.

Now that I have everything I want component wise and hopefully not replace or upgrade any time soon, I have finally given in to my lovely wife begging me to 'make something nice' and 'hide all the wiring and stuff'.

So here goes.

This is what I currently have:
F378DCE5-AC4D-4528-830D-25B887CF0FDC_zpshhemyexm.jpg

and this is what we're busy building - only a sketch for now, but progressing well:
81252C37-231D-42D4-A0F0-1A37FC7A3247_zps2gmkbdoi.png

I have already cut all the panels, which is mostly 22mm, 6mm and 3mm supawood, but I am also using an existing solid wood cabinet as a base unit into the build.

I have assembled the four main modular units and the better half has started painting.
Will keep you updated.

The end result should have all the av stuff hidden, except for the tv. The speakers and components will be behind doors with acoustic transparent material inserts, so the IR signals and sound can travel through.

We have also designed it such as to allow for the TV to 'grow' from the current 42" - hopefully some day.

I will update on my progress and hopefully have it fully installed by Easter.