ADSL packages vs. 3G packages - suggestions?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVSA Andrew

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I currently have a 2GB 12 month Cell C 3G contract through MWEB. Have been more than happy with speeds, but have found that 2GB is too small a cap for me (Luckily Cell C OOB rates are only 15c/pMB, so it's not a horrendous cost if I go over).

Have spent past two days looking at package prices, and had thought that 3G was over-priced until I saw the ADSL packages from Telkom and MWEB: once you've added in all the extras like voice and line rentals, you're averaging +- R500 a month.

But if I take, for example, a Telkom Mobile 7.5GB package (which is perfect for my needs, +- 5/6 GB is more than enough), that comes to R299 per month including modem. I need to keep my MWEB adddress for business reasons, at least for a few months @R55 a month, so total is +- R355 (at the moment I'm averaging R320 per month including the OOB rates on the Cell C package).

If it wasn't for the Telkom voice line rental ADSL would make sense, but at the moment staying with 3G seems to make sense?  :thinking:

Latest posts