Albums that changed your tastes

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
So, as we grow up we encounter different types of music that may have a profound influence on our tastes and sometimes our outlook on life.

The first KISS album I heard was Love Gun and that just blew me away.

images

I spent my tweens being a serious KISS fan, much to the annoyance of my parents who thought that the band was some satanic cult. My Dad would say, "What kind of band wears those outrageous outfits and expects people to be impressed?"

I pulled out one of his Elvis albums and pointed to the cover.

Other bands that shaped the kind of image I identified with included:

images

Then came...

images

When this album came out my cousin brought it over for me to listen to and we didn't know whether they were called U2 or War. Nobody we knew had ever heard of them.

Another one that influenced me a lot was this:

images

But then a few years after it came out I heard this for the first time and it remains one of the core soundtracks to my life.

images

The latter part of the 80's saw me listening to a lot of that High Energy crap that they played in the clubs, but when I went into the army in 1987 my girlfriend introduced me to The Doors. I had never heard of them before, which kind of shows how blanketed over much of the 60's and 70's music was during the new wave generation.

What bands shaped you and the type of music you listen to today?