Another starter topic

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EpicSceptic

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals

I'm trying to put a heavily budgeted entry level system together.  I'm planning on getting a Ion USB record player from Mabu vinyl store in Cape Town.  I'd like to get a nice receiver for it, I was looking at the Pioneer A-209, which should have sufficient power for my small living room.  Then for speakers I'm at a bit of a loss.  I can get both of the above for just under R1500 a piece, but the place has the amplifier only have Paradigm bookshelf speakers starting at around R2800, which seems really excessive since I've seen Wharfdale Diamond Series bookshelf speakers for R1600 on the internet.

So my questions are:
1.  Does this suggested setup look like something you would invest in with a tiny budget?
2.  Does anyone know of a good place in Cape Town that stocks or sells amplifiers and speakers?
3.  If the setup does look good, what speakers or other alternatives would you suggest?

You're help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm an avid record collector, fairly new to the game, I have quite a large music collection but it's mostly cd's.

I will try to contribute on the forums where I can.

Thanks

Latest posts