Anyone out there still using their Apple HiFi?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolla

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Just thought to myself: I'm still so impressed by the Apple Hifi and I feel it is just such a 'classic'. I have had one for several years, sourced one for my brother as well as my niece and recently added 2 more to my own collection. I would not mind to have one for each room eventually, but they are getting a bit like hens teeth out there, especially in good condition. The last 3 I purchased for R1600, R1600 and R1000 each.

I have also purchased a few iPod Classics to complement the Apple HiFi's. Pity that the Apple HiFi only supports 12 volt charging, but I did purchase an adapter to use the latest iPods (Touch, etc) on them. I also have the current Apple Airport Express, which can also send remote music from IOS devices, like an iPod Touch or iPad and then via toslink into the Apple HiFi. Just don't do video this way, as there is a delay in the audio - it's like watching those old Kung-Fu dubbed movies!

So, who else is still using one of these controversial audio devices? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinion on them.