Audirvana now on Linux

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwatts

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I only saw now that Audirvana (finally) released a Linux version after only supporting Windows & Mac:

https://audirvana.com/linux/

Considering how many people fiddled with system services and paid for apps like Fidelizer to disable all non-essential Windows services etc. this will be a welcome change and bound to improve performance due to the reduced processor overhead for the OS.

Also, for users like myself who only use it headless as a server no need for a Windows license and continued updates, plus lower system requirements - it already was confirmed to work well on Pi!

Maybe a bit too soon to jump yet as some features are still not supported but this is very exciting for me, can't wait to ditch the Windows OS I use, and maybe the little Dell mini-PC too.

This will definitely increase the appeal of one of the best audiophile platforms available. All that's unfortunate is the lack of lifetime membership options but it seems unlikely soon as it's part of the business model to only do maximum periods of annually.