B&W HTM61 bad reviews??

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brosdoring

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new here...

I have been "building" a home theater system over years, not serious, but suddenly I have to get it done  :clap:... I bough my first reveiver in 2005, a Yamaha RXV-650... Added a set of B&W 602 S3 speakers for left and right, with the Yamaha sats, center and sub... I did not have money at that time to went ahead and bought surround speakers etc...

Well, a few months ago, I saw a set of 683 floor standers on the gumtree for a very good price... I could not get them out of my mind, though they were 800km from me, a friend of mine went and look at them in CT... I purchased them without audition, they are mint condition.... When I received them, I connected them up to the old yammie, next to my 602s, just to compare the 2 different speaker sets first for what it was worth....

O my, I fell in love... Though I had nothing else to compare them 2, except my old 602, which is a great speaker by the way... I simply love what I heard and the whole home HT experience overwelmed me totally....  :Whoohoo:
Suddenly, I need a new sub, center and surrounds... oh and a new receiver, though the yammie does a good job, I really miss the HDMI....
The amp have to stay for a while after I have enough money to go for a new aventage series amp.... I moved the 60s2 to the back and I almost lost it with the new "brighter" speakers behind me...  :Whoohoo:

Ok, so back to the topic.... I live in Prieska, not easy to audition everything I want, I need to drive hundreds of kilometers to audition something, so I have to rely on the help of others... I am not a fan of any brand, though i buy what my ears like.... In this case I have the B&W 683s, moved the 602 back and I want to purchase a matching center speaker for the 683s.... The HTM61 was my first choice, after reading on the internet I am not so sure about that  :facepalm:... Yes, I can audition it, luckily I can, and IF it sounds good to me, I will def buy it even though others say it is a "bad" speaker if not the worst B&W has made, is what I have heard from people who had it...
I am also considering the CM1, but I have no idea how they will match and if it might be to small.... In the end I have to be satisfied and I cannot go and waist my money.... Room size is 9 x 4.5m
My question is, how many of you have any experience with the HTM61 and even the CM1 or HTM62.... Maybe someone owns these and can give some feedback.?? I would like some input before I go audition the speaker myself to know if there is something I should listen out for....
For those who have it, are you happy with it??
Thanks is advance...