Smallest theatre/ game room. advice needed on all fronts. Please

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kisho

Reaction score
Ok the room dimensions are 3.3mx 2.4m. After much deliberation decided to mount the tv on the 3.3 side.

Equipment: Front left and right diamond 11.1, center 11cs, surrounds boston a25 , atmos monitor audio c165 in ceiling, sub jamo 10, onkyo htr495 reciever, 65 inch hisense oled a8h and a gaming pc( everything mix matched of stuff I had and good deals on marketplace) . Decent system?

Speaker placement: sub Front left, left and right front speakes mounted on shelfs in the corners facing listing position at ear level, 2 seater couch is on the back wall not ideal but no space, surrounds on the side wall at the back pointed directly at listing position, Front speaker under tv (will see if i can tilt up at bit), atmos speakers in ceiling just in front of listing position. Any advise on better placement?

Sound treatment: I found an item called factory board from isover south africa, does anybody know this material, is it a good material to use to make sound panels and base traps? Plan is to make sound panels 50mm thick 600x1200 use as much as possible and 3 base traps 200mm thick 600x600 for 3 top corners ( door makes a 4th not possible, no space on the ground. Am I on the right track....?

Pics to follow, just researching and winging it. Just finished paint so thought I would just ask advice before I proceed. Thanks