BQEYZ- Wind. Fantastic bone conducting in ear monitors

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadedgem

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
WhatsApp_Image_2024-06-16_at_15.46.58_3.jpeg

BQEYZ- Wind review

I am an audiophile from sunny South Africa

These in ear monitors was send to me by BQEYZ as part of the Audio Geek Reviews South African tour. This review is totally my own opinion and I receive no compensation in any way from the company as my integrity and name is much more important than any financial gain.

Dealing with BQEYZ company is such a pleasure as they have great communication and the package took a total of 3 weeks to be delivered to my nearest Post office branch. I have to make a little confession though. The first thing that got my attention regarding these were the use of bone conduction drivers which I have not personally heard on any iem before and it got me so curious.

Unboxing

The packaging from BQEYZ is really a step up from your entry level stuff as everything about the packaging says premium. When looking at the beautiful purple and blue packaging with the Chinese symbol for wind featuring very prominently on the box my first reaction I had was one of tranquility. With purple being my favorite color I was subconsciously rooting for these monitors before I even opened them. BQEYZ passed the premium packaging and accessories test with flying colors as you are greeted by the 2 monitors on top and a whole bunch of accessories beneath that. I found a metal plate with 6 pairs of ear tips on them as well as a little plastic container with a pair of black foam tips and another little bag with 3 pairs of silicon tips. BQEYZ sure spoiled me for choice here with all those tips as it caters to most tip choices with all those different tips. Also included was a nice little cleaning tool which comes in very handy for keeping your monitors clean. There is also a nice pleather case to keep the monitors in and I have to say the price reflects the quality of the packaging and accessories you are getting from BQEYZ.

WhatsApp_Image_2024-06-16_at_15.46.59.jpeg

Specs

Driver- Bone Conduction Dynamic Driver

Frequency Response Range- 20Hz-20kHz

Impedance- 16Ω

Sensitivity- 105dB/mW

Cable material- Single crystal copper-plated silver wire

Connectivity

BQYEZ offers these monitors in 2,5mm, 3,5mm and 4,4mm terminations and I chose the 2.5mm balanced cable as I wanted to use them with the balanced port on my Astell & Kern dap. You can also connect them straight to your phone, laptop, tablet, pc and any dongle dac.

WhatsApp_Image_2024-06-16_at_15.47.00.jpeg

Look & Build

Everything about the looks and build of these monitors says premium. I love the metal shell and when you hold it in your hand you can feel it is heavy and good quality. I also love the semi open design with the metal grill on the faceplate side also in the shape of the Chinese letter for wind which makes you think of a pair of open back headphones. On overall design I give these a 5 out 5 as the BQEYZ Engineers knocked this one out of the park for me. The build of the cable is also one of the big stars of the show for me. It’s got this premium and heavy feel to it but not excessively so that you would think it would damage your connections on phone or dap. The look and feel of the ear tips are just as nice because those tips on that steel plate is a real nice and classy touch. All and all the presentation of this product is well thought out and planned and gives you a sense of a cut above.

WhatsApp_Image_2024-06-16_at_15.47.01_1.jpeg

Sound

Ticking all the boxes and exceeding my expectation so far with the build and feel I was half eager to start listening and hear what these BQEYZ Winds could offer. I picked the Large sized tips named Reference and Connected to Tidal via my Astell & kern and put on my Favorites folder and just continued working on my computer whilst listening. 3rd song in it struck me. The song was Keith Marshall- Only Crying. I have listened to that song a thousand times on many systems and for the first time I heard a Harmonica playing right in the beginning of the song which I never heard before and I immediately realized the instrument separation on these is world class. The nice thing about my Favorites folder is it’s got a lot of different songs from different genres and I can within an hour pin point how a headphone or iem sounds with different types of music.

Which brings me to the bone conduction part which I know everyone is wondering about. The biggest interaction the bone conductor drivers has is with the low end and when I wanted to evaluate the low end I wanted to listen for bass resonance so I put on some classical music with Chellos so that I could listen for that deep bass. You can clearly hear that sound when the snare is truck and then the deep resonance from the body of the instrument is so clearly defined. Also on Cat Stevens- Katmandu those deep bass notes are so well defined. The bone conductor is also very subtle so don’t expect it to rattle your jaw bone. The first time I noticed it I got a little tingling sensation at the back of my head.

I wanted to see how these handle dynamic range so I put on The Shadows- Little B to see how well the two drivers work together to handle the dynamic range of the drum rolls on that song. Everything is so well controlled and I have to hand it to the BQEYZ tuner who turned out this iem.

The real area for me that these shine is with male voices. I got goosebumps listening to Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli- Perfect symphony. There is a certain realism with voices that I have not heard on an iem before. I get the same type of voice reproduction when I am listening to my Stax headphones so that is huge compliment to the BQEYZ mids.

Another thing I wrote in my initial notes is that these are great for Classical music as they handle fast transients like a boss. The instrument separation plus very wide soundstage puts you right there at the concert. I used the reference tips as those are the ones specified for voices and soundstage. That sound with the reference tips is the exact sound that I love. Yes, the bone conductor does ad a bit of coloration but it’s not in a bad way at all and it is the type of sound I prefer.

I also tested the BQEYZ Wind with the tips named atmosphere and some electronic dance music and it delivered some really well controlled and defined bass and I all I can say is that this is bass done very well. The bass on the song Ladynsax- Ameno blew my mind. There is also a saxophone on the song which came through so nice in its own space so nice that you can actually picture it on its own.

I give these 5 out of 5 for sound as they exceeded my expectations in every way.

WhatsApp_Image_2024-06-16_at_15.47.00_1.jpeg

Conclusion

BQEYZ you gained a fan. If this is the type of quality your company makes, then I am a definite fan. If I can describe these Winds in one word it would be “Audiophile”. I would recommend them to anyone who loves Jazz, Classical, Blues and Audiophile music.

If you want to buy these you can just talk to me as I am in direct contact with the company rep.

Latest posts