Denon x2200w neebie - low perceived volume

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtrlan

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Denon x2200w, Monitor Audio Bronze Fronts, Center and Rear and Yamaha Sub and Onkyo Atmos shk-410 surrounds.

Connected to this I have DSTV PVR and Media player connected via hdmi and a DVD player connected with Video and Optical.

I have played around using the MultEQ | Audyssey and manual setup (speaker distances and levels) however: ...

Playing the DVD and Online Internet tuner, I play the music and DVD at around 50 (1-98) volume scale however to get the same volume from Media player and DSTV I am around 65-70 on the volume scale.  This does not seem right?

I have tried the various options of Movie, Music and direct and no difference.

I only have one zone configured.

Is there anyone that can compare their Denon x2200w and at what volume they are listening their devices at?
Any reason at to why my hdmi devices are so much lower in volume compared to tuner and dvd?

Replacing my old receiver, Yamaha 795a (85w rms/ch) the Yamaha was normally around 30 volume rating for similar volume on the same set of speakers yet the Denon is 95w/ch

Any guidance greatly appreciated.  :2thumbs: