DSTV HD PVR HDMI trouble

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerhard

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
My HDPVR (original version) has been rebooting randomly so often off late that I took it back for replacement. Now I have trouble getting my Emotiva UMC-1 to switch between sources (XBox, Mede8er, BluRay and PVR). If the PVR's HDMI cable is connected to the UMC-1 and I switch to the non-PVR sources I don't get a video signal. When I disconnect the PVR the other source work perfectly after I have switched the UMC-1 off and back on so the PVR is obviously the problem. I never had this problem with the previous PVR.

I have no confidence in the PVR hardware/software so I am not sure getting it replaced again would solve anything. I will obviously do this if there is no other remedy, but I has wondering if there is a way to "buffer" the UMC-1 from the PVR. I don't know if the PVR's HDMI levels are screwed up or what could cause this behavior but maybe there is a more forgiving device that I could put between the PVR and UMC-1 that will "clean" the signal. Obviously if there is such a device it has to be HDMI 1.3 and HDCP compliant.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.