DVD RECORDERS BANNED IN SOUTH AFRICA ?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innomutasa

Reaction score
The other day i went to Makro in the hope of getting myself a DVD Hdd  recorder, after failling to locate one on the shelves i asked one of the shop assistants if they had one in store  and he told me quite convincingly that i would never find a new one for sale in south Africa anymore , when i asked him why that was so he told me that one of the major players in the Pay TV arena had paid  all the major consumer electronics brands in the country not  to import and distribute  DVD HDD recorders in south Africa anymore since they where hampering sales of their video recording decoder .Not believing what i had heard ,  i went on the websites of Sony , Lg , Samsung and Panasonic and my worst fears were confirmed, all these companies dont have DVD HDD recorders listed on their websites , Sony  and lg have  one model each , needless to say there is no stock of them .

Could it be possible that for real , DVD HDD RECORDERS are no longer imported into south Africa .