HiSense UST PL1 - what is the best setup advice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerveja

Reaction score
Hi All
I am looking for advice on setting up my new PL1 UST projector in terms of cabling. I have a Pioneer AV Receiver with wifi and its connected to my home wifi network. Previously I had my DSTV connected to that via hdmi and then hdmi to my standard projector for the visuals. However, with the new Hisense PL1, it comes with many benefits and has apps you can access directly on the unit so I am thinking it is best to connect to DSTV on the PL1 and then only send the sound to the AV. I am also thinking of having 2 HDMI cables between UST PL1 and the AV receiver so I could go both ways if ever wanted. My issue here now is I have tried the setup of accessing youtube on the UST and sending the sound to the AV. The limited info available eluded to using the HDMIeArc port to connect to an AV. So I connected the HDMI cable I have (granted its not the best and may be the problem) and plugged into an input HDMI port on the AV. Now there is confusion and the UST tries to receive a signal instead of sending. I am sure I am doing something dumb here and hope the pros can assist me.
There is also the optical port for sound I could try but dont have that cable. Distance to AV is about 8m.
Thanks, Chris

Latest posts