I hate Diana Krall

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonsound

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hello my name is Leon and I hate DK.

OK, hate is much too strong a word, especially since she hardly evokes any emotion in me except maybe boredom, but I just have to get this out of my system.

I've been playing "Live in Paris" in my car now for a while and it just does not get to me (and I have to get the CD out of that system as well)

I know well recorded sparse instrumentation make great demo CDs as it doesn't really tax any hifi to the limit, and it's not polite to not like the demo music during a demo when it is de facto established demo material.
It's always been my problem that much of the music I like are relatively badly recorded and don't sound so good loud as I thought it did 20 years ago.

On the upside, I really really like "Putumayo - Tango around the World" very very much. Absolutely every song on there is charged with emotion and the "passion" that tango represents. Much of it is like listening to early Bob Marley - the tango-ness is just barely recognisable and not a blatant as a typical "Holywood" or "MTV" tango/reggae representation would be.

I think I'll swop DK for "Putumayo - New Orleans Playground", the other gem I found...

Regards