Not my proudest moment - I need help with installation

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyrdyr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently acquired a few different HT components, and it's time to do the installation. Well, and this is hard to admit, I suck at home wiring & drilling. I stare at my surround speakers that have to go up in abject terror - if I attempt it, it'll just look like a scary mess.

I've got a Denon receiver, and a set of Klipsch reference speakers - the full 5.1 setup. It's in an bottom-floor apartment, so there's no chance of conduit or inner-roof wiring. Essentially it's just the rear speakers that needs mounting just below ceiling level (i.e, it'll be necessary for drilling to attach them to the wall) that will need handyman know-how, the front speakers are floorstanders. Drilling and good wiring - those are the key jobs.

Is there any recommended installers in the Johannesburg area that won't charge me multiple thousands to do this?

(and to preempt the "just do it yourself" responses - I'm not kidding at being terrible at this kind of thing. Years of tragic DIY have taught me to be humble)