Over thinking the subwoofer

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macca

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am once again finding myself in the very familiar situation where I over think a purchase to the point where I cannot make a decision.

I purchased the B&W 684 S2 set about a month ago without the sub (i.e. 684 S2 fronts, HTM62 S2 centre and 684 S2 surrounds) because I wasn't sure that the sub was the best value for money. After a lot of reading reviews and research, I am still undecided on the best route regarding the sub.

Currently on my shortlist:
  • 2x B&W ASW610's @ R13899
  • GoldenEar ForceField 5 @ R13499

My AV receiver is a Denon AVR-X2000 and use the system mostly for movies with the occasional music (70-30 probably). My room is approx 5m x 5m and closed off (i.e. not open plan).

I would really appreciate your advice and opinions on my shortlist and also possible alternatives. From the forums, SVS and HSU gets punted a lot but I am not really comfortable ordering online without a demo. My budget is already stretched due to the W.A.F (Wife Acceptance Factor) so R14k is my max.

Thanks in advance

Latest posts