Parametric EQ

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangmonster

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I don't see a lot of people using them.

I cannot live without my DIY one i'm using for my subwoofer.  For the subwoofer I kept it simple  with variable Q which works ok.

EQ.jpg

I am  itchy to design and build a EQ only device for higher frequency to use in stereo setup.
That will have 3 or possibly 4 frequency options and settable Q and gain or cut.
I could even add the ever debateable "bass and treble" tone control with defeat option for extra play.

Call it a complete preamp with 3 selecteable inputs and tone control and 3 parametric eq's

Something like this:

ad2055-front-lights.jpg

I have a few pcb's the could be used. or most probably lay out new pcb.

There are one chip digital solution , but the thought of taking an analog signal digitizing it and then EQ and than making it analog again makes me feel a bit iffy.

One can simply use quality opamps opa2134's or even ne5532's in a circuit as shown here with small modifications for testable Q:

http://www.sound.westhost.com/project28.htm

Is there other people interested interested in something like this? Not really looking to do a group buy. But always cheaper like with some of my other projects if I built a few extra and have people buying extra pcb's and or enclosures of me.

I keep on wanting to use digital pots and possibly lcd screen setup , but then get right back to rather using quality analog smd and simple panel mount potentiometers.