Plumbers DIY thread

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1200GXman

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I am pulling out the last little bit of hair I have left on my head. This goes out for either the qualified plumbers or the DIY plumber experts.

I am busy redoing my sprinkler system. It was an automated system with 12V computer and 5 solenoids (stations). Due to the price to replace with a 24V system as parts are not available anymore for 12V, I decided to go the manual route. A work colleague is responsible for maintaining government gardens and also said this is a better option as the electronic stations tend to fail after a few years and can happen unexpectedly getting stuck in the open position creating a high water bill. So anyway. Back to my problem. Sweating and dripping every 3 to 5 minutes at 3 joints I made. Some I redid (still sweating) and one actually never sweated and now started to sweat. Do I just leave it alone or redo it. I just want to know with our muddy dirty water will the gaps eventually stop sweating/dripping? I have a water filtering system and the filters are changed on a annual basis. First filter is always a thick muddy mess when pulling out the old cartridge.
When I redid main feed line to the house I had one fitting where I installed a outside garden tap sweating. I didn't fill back the soil yet and after a couple of months it stopped.
I am little bit pushed for time to finish this so if I don't have to redo I don't want to. Rain season is coming and wife is on my back about the hole in the grass and big mountain of sand I dug out. We get rough winters here so I decided to put the ball valve taps underground under those "sprinkler houses".

Latest posts