Question around running 4 subs from 1 processor output

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalith

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I need some assistance\guidance on how to handle multiple subs from a processor that only has 1 subwoofer output

My NuPrime HD-AVP Processor only has 1 subwoofer output and i would like to try and run 4 subs and see how the swarm sub sounds.
What is the most efficient way to do this ?

Currently i have used a male RCA to 2 female RCA splitter cable and connected the 2 ends into the 2 "Primary" subs LFE IN RCA port.The "Primary" subs are in the front corners of the room.
I then ran a RCA cable thru the roof from the LFE OUT of the 2 x "Primary" into the LFE IN of the "Secondary" subs in the back.Secondary subs are in the back corners of the room.
It sounds fine but i wondered is there a more efficient or better way to do this ?
Do i lose anything when i use the splitter ? Am i right in saying that the voltage output now gets halved between the 2 "primary" subs ?

Also what is the best way to run the calibration process ?
Do i keep only 1 sub on-line when i do speaker calibration or do i keep all 4 on-line when i do the speaker calibration ?

Any thoughts ,suggestions would be highly appreciated