Supersonic Chairman radio

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panthera Leo

Reaction score
I am a new member to this forum. I am still working out how this forum works but have enjoyed reading many articles in it . Recently I saw this radio advertised on ebay and could not resist the urge to buy it. I was born in Northern Rhodesia and to my shame had never heard of the Chassay brothers company who made this radio in Bulawayo. I am keen to restore this radio to full working and cosmetic condition as I would like to do something to preserve the legacy of enterprising people who built the federation into a world leading democracy which sadly today is a shadow of its former glory.
If anyone has information about this amazing company or radio, I would like to hear from you. I am hopeful that I may be able to obtain a service manual for this radio even a photocopy would make the restoration a lot easier. I have seen a previous post from 2012 about this and am hopeful Eejit is still a member as he said he had a service manual.
All the best to everyone on this forum.
Steve