Think I may have lost off a "friend"

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GinoA

Reaction score
Why do so called "friends" come around to your place and start comparing your setups to theirs?
By all means, i dont have the greatest equipment, but what is mine I worked hard for and as this is a continous journey, I will get to the top-end stuff one day.
my "friend", actually my wife's friend's husband, lets call him Mike...as in Money Mike, cos thats all he talks about came over last night, and upon seeing my Onkyo NR609 (Thanks Vaughan!) starts to tinker with it, after requesting what i paid for it, starts mouthing off how he got a bargain all-in-one system for 1/4 of the price. Each to their own, I think. Then he starts adjusting the volume to hear my "bass"..So i interrupt and tell him that I dont play my equipment that way, he proceeds to compare the supposed "lack" of power in the Onkyo to his system, goes on for about an hour. Then surprise...he wants to swap equipment for the weekend, because he has a "gig" to do over the weekend, I say my system is not for Disco...jassis..He seemed visibly upset, as his all-in-one does not allow other sources to be plugged in..shame. I'm not going to budge.
Thought of lending him my NAD 3020, then decided against it, he just wont offer the amount of respect it deserves. Sorry, my rant for the day, good weekend!