Who still remembers the Boston Acoustics HD7 speakers?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeonC

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I remember these from years ago when I helped out in a friend's hi-fi shop (Southgate High Fidelity). These were brilliant little speakers. The tweeters were not great (their only real weak point), the model HD8 and upward had a better tweeters, but their mids were the best in the series. I remember having the HD7s and HD8s next to each other with a speaker switch to go from one to the other. The HD8s had deeper bass, but when you went to the the HD7s they just showed up all the flaws of the HD8 in the midrange. And they had better bass definition than the HD8, too. I never really got to listen to their smaller brothers, the HD5, but I did get to listen to the HD9 and HD10. Both were better than the HD8, but in my mind the HD7 remains special. I wouldn't mind laying my hands on a 2nd hand pair, but when I have seen them coming up for sale their 2nd hand prices were too high. Does anybody else remember these?

Deon